By Danny Boome & Lauren Palmeri
Made in home Deep Fryer
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 lb sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
1 cup AP flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups plain breadcrumbs
chives, to garnish
mustard, to serve
neutral oil, to fry
Fill deep fryer with oil and preheat to 375ºF.
- Divide sausage into 4 equal parts and press to flatten. Wrap egg with sausage and press to flatten and evenly encase.
- Dredge with flour, coat in egg, letting excess drip away.
- Finally, coat with breadcrumbs. Fry scotch eggs until golden brown and sausage are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Cut in half and garnish with chives. Serve with mustard.